Bronchoscopy Assessment Tools© is a collection of research-validated measurement instruments designed to measure a student’s technical and interpretative skills.
– Since our first studies using simulation more than twenty years ago, we believe objective evaluations of technical skill and decision-making are essential for competency-based training. Just like driving and parking an automobile, one’s ability to perform a medical procedure should be measured objectively.
– Testing is to be learning what tasting is to be cooking. Weaknesses are identified and corrected. Individual strengths are reinforced, www.lovetopivot.com/ and confidence is gained by self-assessment and positive reinforcement. Skills can be measured using inanimate models, computer-based simulation, and in real-life settings.
The Bronchoscopy Skills and Tasks Assessment Tool (B-STAT) measures:
– Posture and hand position during inspection bronchoscopy
– Ability to maneuver the bronchoscope in the airways
– Ability to accurately identify tracheobronchial anatomy
– Ability to enter all bronchial segments
– The image quiz introduces a common language used for describing mucosal lesions and secretions.
The BSTAT-TBLB/TBNA measures:
– Inspection bronchoscopy skill
– Ability to maneuver and operate accessory instruments for transbronchial needle aspiration (TBNA) and transbronchial lung biopsy (TBLB).
– The image quiz tests clinical judgement and chest xray interpretation skills.
The EBUS-STAT measures:
– Technical skill and ultrasound image interpretation necessary for performing endobronchial ultrasound needle aspiration (EBUS-TBNA).
Pleural Assessment Tools© is a collection of research-validated measurement instruments designed to measure a student’s technical and interpretative skills for pleural procedures.
The Ultrasound Guided Skills and Tasks Assessment Tool (USGSTAT) measures:
– Ultrasound -guided thoracentesis technical skills.
– Pleural ultrasound image interpretation skills.
The Intercostal Catheter Skills and Tasks Assessment Tool (ICC-STAT) measures:
– Technical skill necessary to insert an intercostal chest drain.
Bronchoscopy and Pleural Assessment Tools© are available on the Downloads page.
Bronchoscopy and Pleural Assessment Tools© are protected under Creative Commons. Files can be downloaded for teaching, research, and learning purposes. Please reference as: From, Bronchoscopy Assessment Tools© www.bronchoscopy.org/Bronchoscopy Assessment Tools (add “date accessed”).
Copyright © 2020 Bronchoscopy International®