Please download the following files and use them as you like. These PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view:
|The Art of
Step by Step©
BRONCHATLAS VIDEO SERIES (PDF eBook)
– BronchAtlas Video Series Module 1 for iPhone and Android
THE ESSENTIAL FLEXIBLE BRONCHOSCOPIST© COLLECTION (PDF eBooks)
– The Essential Flexible Bronchoscopist 2nd Edition
– Bronchoscopy Education Project Assessment Tools
– Bronchoscopy Education Project Checklists
• (Spanish) Broncoscopia Flexible. Herramientas de Evaluación
• (Spanish) Broncoscopia Flexible. Checklist
THE ESSENTIAL EBUS BRONCHOSCOPIST© COLLECTION (PDF eBooks)
– The Essential EBUS Bronchoscopist
– EBUS Assessment Tools
– EBUS Checklists
• (Spanish) The Essential EBUS Bronchoscopist eBook
• (Spanish) EBUS Assessment Tools
• (Spanish) EBUS Checklists
• (Italian) The Essential EBUS Bronchoscopist eBook
THE ESSENTIAL INTENSIVIST BRONCHOSCOPIST© COLLECTION (PDF eBook)
– The Essential Intensivist Bronchoscopist©
THE ESSENTIAL FLEXIBLE BRONCHOSCOPIST© TRANSLATIONS (PDF eBooks)
– Arabic (work in progress)
– Hungarian (work in progress)
– Serbian (work in progress)
INDIVIDUAL ASSESSMENT TOOLS, CHECKLISTS, AND IMAGE QUIZES (PDF files)
• Self Assessment Tool© (BSAT)
• Skills and Tasks Assessment Tool© (BSTAT)
• BSTAT Quiz©
• BSTAT-BTLB-TBNA Quiz (with checklist)
• Endobronchial Ultrasound Skills and Tasks Assessment Tool (EBUS STAT Checklist)
• EBUS-STAT Quiz Questions
• Stepwise Evaluation Tool©
• Bronchoscopy Step-by-Step Checklist Tool
* Ultrasound Guidance (Thoracentesis) Skills and Task Assessment Tool (UG-STAT©)
* Intercostal Catheter Skills and Task Assessment Tool (ICC-STAT©)
TEACHING AIDS, EXERCISES, ROLE-PLAYING (PDF files)
3D TRACHEOBRONCHIAL TREE MODEL (for 3D printer). See video
– stl Files of Airway Model for 3D printer https://bronchoscopy.org/wp-content/uploads/re3dbronchmodel_stlfilesfordownload.zip
1. A competency-based test of bronchoscopic knowledge using the Essential Bronchoscopist: an initial concept study.
Describes how the 186 test items of the web-based Essential Bronchoscopist were evaluated by 30 junior and senior bronchoscopists in Argentina and the US, and 150 of them were found to contain necessary or absolutely necessary knowledge by 80% or more of the participants. view
2. Validation of two instruments to assess technical bronchoscopic skill using virtual reality simulation.
A high-fidelity VR platform is used to validate two instruments used to test technical bronchoscopic skill: the Bronchoscopy Skills and Tasks Assessment Tool (BSTAT) tests the operator while performing a standard diagnostic bronchoscopy, while the Bronchoscopy Stepwise Evaluation Tool (BSET) tests the operator while systematically going through the Bronchoscopy Step-By-Step exercises. view
3. Realistic and affordable lo-fidelity model for learning bronchoscopic transbronchial needle aspiration.
A low-cost airway model is developed for learning TBNA, and its realism and effectiveness in teaching TBNA techniques and communication skills is validated based on the consensus of perceptions among 12 participants. view
4. Bronchoscopy simulation: a brief review.
An overview of the available literature on the use of simulation in bronchoscopy education, systematically assessing what each study covers and contributes to the field, and showing how this limited yet valuable body of work lays a foundation for the future use of simulator-based bronchoscopy training. view
5. Reliability of a 25-item low-stakes multiple-choice assessment of bronchoscopic knowledge.
Describes the methodology of validating bronchoscopy test items derived from the Essential Bronchoscopist, using the items found to contain the most necessary knowledge in a previous study [see 1 above]. view
6. EBUS-STAT Subscore Analysis to Predict the Efficacy and Assess the Validity of Virtual Reality Simulation for EBUS-TBNA Training Among Experienced Bronchoscopists.
Identifies a baseline score using EBUS-STAT below which simulation training in endobronchial ultrasound is essential and necessary for climbing the learning curve. view
7. Assessment o bronchoscopic dexterity and procedural competency in a low-fidelity simulation model.
Describes the validation study of a 3D model available using a 3D printer. Designed by Dan Steinfort and colleagues from Australia. Published in J Bronchol Intervent Pulmonol 2018. See video. Also, paper by T. Byrne et al: Development and assessment of a low-cost 3D-printed airway model for bronchoscopy simulation training. J Bronchol Intervent Pulmonol 2016;23:251-254.
® The name Bronchoscopy International is registered in the US Patent and Trademark Office.
Copyright © 2001-2018 by Bronchoscopy International Foundation for the Advancement of Medicine. All rights reserved.