OUR GOAL is to make bronchoscopy and interventional pulmonology globally more accessible by encouraging a more uniform approach to teaching procedures around the world.
OUR EXPERIENCE conducting dozens of programs in diverse medical and educational environments provides a unique perspective from which we design individualized program agendas suited to the particular needs of students in each country or region.
OUR PROGRAMS are learner-centric and multidimensional. Learning results from a combination of case-based problem solving, hands-on step-by-step technical skill instruction, simulation and role-playing exercises, interactive lectures, written knowledge assessments with feedback, and a humble two-way teaching/learning philosophy that respects diversity, equity and inclusion.
- The Essential Bronchoscopist Series®
Multiple-choice question/answer sets, post-test questions, and illustrations.
PowerPoint slide presentations and Instructional Videos.
- 4-Box Practical Approach©
Clinical case studies to gain cognitive, technical, affective, and experiential knowledge.
- Bronchoscopy Step by Step©
Master technical skills the same way you learn to play a musical instrument. Videos on YouTube.
- Bronchoscopy and Pleural Assessment Tools©
Validated competency-based assessment tools objectively measure progress on the learning curve.
- 10-item Checklists©
Checklists help assure competent, standardized performance and patient safety.
- BronchPilot Anatomy™
Dual touch-screen technology and instructional videos teach lung, airway, and mediastinal anatomy.
- Video Lessons (YouTube)
Teaches everything from inspection bronchoscopy to EBUS and preparing slides for cytology.
OTHER TEACHING AIDS:
– Informed consent teaching Aid
– Medical Alert Airway Stents
– CT-WLB-EBUS map© Teaching Aid
RELEVANT RECENT PUBLICATIONS
– Training in Interventional Pulmonology. Colt H and Williamson J, 2020.
– Competence in Interventional Pulmonology. Corbetta L, 2019.
– Principles of Bronchoscopy Education. Colt H, 2014.
– Impact of Structured Curriculum with Simulation. WT, et al, 2021.
– Training in IP: European and US perspective. Lee HJ et al. 2021
3D TRACHEOBRONCHIAL TREE MODEL FOR 3D PRINTERS
Copyright © 2020 Bronchoscopy International®